Monday, February 16, 2009

My Love of Comfort Shoes

Since the beginning of clothes there was the beginning of fashion, and since the beginning of fashion there was the beginning of shoes. Shoes are profoundly significant in all the arenas fashion and style. There have been television shows about women and their obsessions with shoes. My grandmother has four closets full of shoes. I'll never know what it is about shoes that cause such a magical attraction. Sometimes it feels like love at first sight. Call me materialistic but I find myself so often fantasizing about my dream discount shoes that I seldom have the time or energy to find. However my inclinations to ignore the fashion versus practicality argument have caused me to have a very uncomfortable and irreversible foot problem. It's not that I wasn't wearing quality footwear, but I guess it's that I never saw the point of the arch and toe support of most walking shoes. I now have to face up to the fact that quality shoes aren't necessarily the most expensive Italian leather heels at the shoe store. Whereas I have been known to buy leather boots regardless of how well they fit, I now realize that there is such a thing as cheap boots that are also pleasant to wear.

It’s pretty obvious that a shoe disorder can burn a hole in your wallet pretty quickly. Thanks to online shoe sites, I can find women’s dress shoes, cheap boots and comfortable sandals all in one sitting at a price much lower than the department stores would ever offer. It’s pretty amazing how this one branch of the internet has afforded me so much more time and money. Even with a foot problem, there are markets that offer cheap shoes that are comfortable and healthy for the foot. There are casual shoes, for example that provide extra support and look great on your feet. My most recent investment was a pair of red flats by Clarks of England. I have had them for almost a year and just can’t seem to part with them because they’re the only shoes that actually feel good on my feet. The design is simple and authentic. The structure is seamless and of highest quality. They are the perfect therapy after a year of wearing Me Too loafer wedge heels. As good as they look on, I guess I’m just not cut out for wearing heels all winter long.

Throughout my never-ending search for quality footwear, it seems I will never know all the endless brands offered without even stepping foot in the shoe store. Look at Houser Shoes online shoe store, where I have found more shoes than I could possibly dream of! I finally understand what my mother has been telling me all these years. I’ll never again be able to heeled dress shoes day after day. Though I could probably afford to wear wedged Cole Haan dress shoes that I have my eye on every other day. Regardless of how severe any shoe obsession may be, we must take extra special care of our feet. It’s like partying too hard, but on your feet. The expression comes to mind: “What we do when we’re young reveals itself when we’re old”—and that certainly applies to our feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment