Friday, March 13, 2009

Unique Gifts from North Carolina

While a global market may be good for some, I am becoming fed up with all of my low-quality mass-produced home furnishings and gifts bearing the label “made in China”. I’ll admit that it is these mass-produced products are often so accessible, and last minute gift ideas are hard to come by. However there is way to gain elegant home accents while shopping locally. This spring, I have taken it upon myself to brighten up my home with fresh colors and fun designs from a casual living store near my home in Western North Carolina. Not only does Dutchmans Designs have a broad assortment of lighting, rugs and artwork, but it also is a great source of unique gifts from stationary to soaps and everything in between.

Organic candles are one of many simple and effective ways to freshen up with home without the overpowering artificial scents of most made-in-china cheapo candles. Scented candles can fill a home with fresh smells of apricot, tiger lily, citrusie tangelo and sweet lime. Together with potpourri these sweet organic scents can be purchased as a gift combination. Whether they be used as an elegent home accent or a last minute gift idea, these fragrances come straight from the rose bush of a regional garden and are sure to evoke the pleasant aromatic smells of spring time.

French milled soap is another one of the environmentally friendly unique gift ideas from Dutchmans Designs. Organic lotion and French soap can be purchased in scents such as organic shea butter or olive, palm and coconut oil. They are all made in the Provence region of France and manufactured with only pure ingredients that soften and protect the skin. Seasonal scents from this home accessories collection in Cashiers, North Carolina are unbeatable in price and quality.

Why not add a splash of color to the living room? I like placing low cost silk flowers next to an attractive art print to transform to suit my personal taste inch by inch. Home interior decorating suddenly becomes so enjoyable when I’m able to shop for artwork that I can actually afford.

Last but not least, Dutchmans Designs offers handmade reproduction antique furniture. In bright designs and vibrant designs, it is so easy to mix and match or start a new collection of kitchen, bedroom or everyday living furniture to suit my personal taste. Hand crafted furniture such as a Provincial Dining Table or Provence Bedside Cabinet are made of kiln dried mahogany wood and are of exquisite quality and construction. Plus each piece of antique reproduction furniture is uniquely finished in a variety of colors to match my fondness of perennial flowers. I’ve found furniture that would cost thousands in an antique shop, yet it’s still hand crafted considering the styles of elegant European furniture artisans.

Much more than a resource for home interior decorating, Dutchmans Designs provides the best selection in unique gift ideas from my home state of North Carolina. This eclectic casual living store is a great place to shop for holiday gifts, and to spruce up my house this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment